Waiter/Server Resume Samples (Text format)
Waiter / Server
- Dedicated and enthusiastic waiter/server with XX years of experience in providing table service in a high-volume chain restaurant. Skilled in providing attentive service while driving sales of daily specials, appetizers, and desserts. Adept in learning new things quickly and adapts readily to new work challenges and conditions.
- Extensive experience in presenting a menu and providing detailed information when asked (e.g. about portions, ingredients, or potential food allergies). Prepared tables by setting up linens, silverware, and glasses. Informed customers about the day’s specials.
- Skilled in checking dishes and kitchenware for cleanliness and presentation and reporting any problems. Arranged table settings and maintained a tidy dining area. Delivered checks and collect bill payments. carrying out dirty plates, glasses, and silverware to the kitchen for cleaning.
- Adept in taking food and drink orders from customers accurately and with a positive attitude. Writing patrons' food orders on order slips, memorizing orders, or entering orders into computers for transmittal to kitchen staff. Engaged with customers in a friendly manner. Have knowledge of the menu, with the ability to make suggestions.
- Gracefully suggesting/upselling additional menu items, such as desserts and drinks. Accurately taking customer orders and relaying them to the kitchen staff. Memorizing the menu for on-demand recitation and questions about ingredients. Experience in providing excellent customer service in a fast-paced environment.
Arts, Bachelor's degree, Completed, 2003-08-01
– Marks null,
Urban Hotel & Resorts
- Escorted customers to their tables and ensure they are settled comfortably; offer coffee and other drinks.
- Presented the menu to customers, answers queries about it, and make suggestions if necessary.
- Informed patrons of the restaurant’s daily specials.
- Explained the preparation and cooking methods as well as the ingredients of various menu items.
- Took customer orders for food and beverages, and writes down or memorizes the orders.
- Ensured that customers are enjoying their meals or that they do not have any problems with their food.
- Checked their identification to make sure that they meet the minimum age requirement for consuming alcoholic beverages.
- Collected customer payments and prepared bills with itemized costs and appropriate taxes.
- Stayed alerted for customers’ requests and took action to address them.
- Performed other tasks assigned by the supervisor or manager from time to time.
- Ensured the Guest feels important and welcome in the restaurant.
- Managed to achieve a 99.5% guest satisfaction score or above and maintained it in the last 15 months.
- Boosted restaurant sales by 30% through effective up-selling and cross-selling.
- Managed to serve up to 20+ tables and 120+ patrons on the busiest dining shifts.
Waiter / Server
Earthen Litti Cafe
- Took food and beverage orders and served them to customers and attended to customers’ needs.
- Accepted payments and manned the cash register.
- Maintained cleanliness on the counters, some parts of the kitchen, and tables.
- Helped in keeping the stock room clean and organized.
- Prepared and tidied up the tables or counters and ensured enough salt, sugar, pepper, cream, other condiments, and napkins were on every table or counter.
- Performed other duties like brewing coffee and preparation of salads and appetizers.
- Ensured that there are adequate supplies of food, tableware, linens, and beverages.
- Accepted calls for delivery and other inquiries and organized parties for customers.
- Assisted in decorating the store during special occasions like Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc.
- Looked for ways to consolidate service and increase table turns.
- Presented menu, answer questions and make suggestions regarding food and beverage.
- Applied a positive suggestive sales approach to guide Guests.
- Generated a 30% higher beverage order tab-per-guest than the restaurant average by suggesting wines, beers, and specialty cocktails generate.
- Maintained a 90% or higher guest service rating for a year straight.
- Menu memorization
- Food Preparation and Saftey
- Ordering Procedures
- Bill computation and POS systems
- Table Setting
- Bar Terminology expertise
- Customer service
- Time management