Hosts/Hostesses Resume Samples (Text format)
- Energetic and skilled hostess with XX years of extensive experience in greeting guests, and putting them on a waiting list as necessary. Providing guests with menus and answering any initial questions.
- Deft in assigning guests to tables they prefer, while keeping table rotation in mind so that servers receive the right number of customers. Engaging with guests to ensure they're happy with food and service. Adept in responding to complaints and helping to resolve them. Answering phone calls, taking reservations, and answering questions.
- Skilled in helping out with other positions in the restaurant as needed; providing great customer service. Able to articulate clear greetings and farewells to Guests, as well as being able to understand requests for assistance
- Able to hear well in a loud environment in order to answer the telephone and respond to Guest requests. Strong understanding of requests for assistance and passion for providing extraordinary service, and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Bachelor of Arts,
Completed, April 2003
June 2020 - Current
Hosts / Hostesses
Burma Burma Restaurant And Tea Room
- Effectively answered 50+ phone calls every day. Booked reservations and resolved customer service issues.
- Greeted incoming and departing Guests warmly with a genuine smile and eye contact.
- Escorted them to the assigned dining area, presented menus, and announce the waiter's name.
- Use visual cues to seat Guests in either the bar or dining area depending on their preference.
- Informed guests of current promotions and who will be serving them to ensure a smooth handoff to the service staff.
- Received payments by validating credit charges and approving checks.
- Reconciled cash drawer by proving cash transactions and listing checks and credit card charges for to-go orders.
September 2017 - November 2018
Host / Hostess
Marriott Executive Apartments
- Answered incoming calls to the restaurant and provide appropriate service.
- Managed the flow of Guests into the Dining and Bar areas, and provided accurate wait times to incoming Guests if appropriate.
- Protected establishments and patrons by adhering to sanitation, safety, and alcohol control policies.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Helped dining room staff by setting and clearing tables, replenishing water, and serving beverages.
- Issued dining charges by verifying orders, calculated taxes, and total bills for to-go orders.
Current SafeServ Food Handlers Card
Certified Guest Service Professional (CGSP)
Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS)
- Dining room management
- Customer service
- Reservations management
- Staff leadership
- Dinner service planning
- Workflow optimization
- Menu Knowledge
- Seating Guests
- Cleaning Tables
- Monitoring Dining Room
- Customer service
- Verbal communication
- Internet Applications
- Amateur photographer
- Volunteer 2x per year for Red Cross blood drives.