Food Preparation Workers Resume Samples (Text format)
Food Preparation Worker
- Skilled and reliable food preparation manager with XX years of experience in working effectively with the kitchen team, and complying with company procedures and food safety policies. Deft in preparing workstation with required ingredients and equipment, and keeping station sanitary and organized throughout shift; preparing ingredients following recipes and guidelines.
- Adept in performing all tasks related to food service including food surface sanitation, preparation, and adherence to all food safety protocols and guidelines. Skilled in steaming vegetables and other basic cooking responsibilities and ensuring ingredients are tagged, date-labeled, covered, stored, and rotated effectively.
- Ability to use kitchen tools safely (knives and small equipment ware); ability to follow instructions; ability to use knives and kitchen equipment.
- Adept in overseeing food levels and restocking items on time, and keeping utensils and equipment clean and sanitary. Establishing stock levels at end of shift and capturing information on standardized stock sheets
, Intermediate, Completed, 2003-06-01
Govt High School
– Marks null,
Food Preparation Worker / Culinary Associate
Marriott Hotels Resorts
- Coordinated with wait staff to determine diner volumes in order to anticipate if and when more prep work needs to be done to accommodate increased demands.
- Supervised the kitchen team of 5 employees to achieve the highest standard of food production.
- Oversaw all chefs and kitchen staff and made sure they understand and employed all the kitchen policies consistently.
- Maintained and recorded accurate pricing data for all commodities on the unit stock sheets.
- Hired and trained staff in proper work practices when they are hired and conducted and evaluated retraining and refresher training.
- Looked after and ensured meals are prepared and delivered on time and in acceptable quantity and quality.
- Prepared fruits, vegetables, meats, doughs, marinades, and seasonings for the chefs and line cooks in advance of daily peak dining hours.
- Consulted both standard stocking requirements as well as pick lists prepared by the executive chef to pull items from cold storage to thaw before preparation.
- Thoroughly sanitize all kitchen surfaces as well as tools and utensils, and wash and clean all food prior to preparation.
- Document all items pulled from storage into the preparation area, detailing any foods and/or liquids (i.e., oils and marinades) that end up going to waste.
- Follow the instruction of the executive chef as to the use of leftover food items prepared in excess of daily requirements.
- Assist chefs with the preparation of dishes (including retrieving and preparing items for special orders) as needed.
- Adhere to the cleaning and equipment breakdown schedules assigned by the executive chef at the end of every shift.
Food Preparation Workers
Healthy Hunger Box
- Cleaned and sanitized work areas, equipment, utensils, and dishes.
- Weighed or measured ingredients, such as meats and cheeses.
- Prepared fresh condiments, including lettuce, tomatoes, and onions.
- Mixed ingredients for salads, and stored food in designated containers and storage areas to prevent spoilage.
- Took and recorded the temperature of food and food storage areas.
- Placed food trays over food warmers for immediate service.
- Arranged supplies and equipment between storage and work areas.
- Received food and beverage products and maintained their inventory.
- Followed standardized recipes for all menu items.
- Performed all other responsibilities as directed by the management.
- Exceptional Knife Skills
- Excellent knowledge of hygiene, sanitation, and safety code
- Sanitation techniques
- Food Preparation
- Food Safety
- Time management
- Customer Service
- Expert Fast Learner
- Ability to Work in a Team