Chefs and Head Cooks Resume Samples (Text format)
Chefs and Head Cooks
- Result-Oriented Chefs / Head Cooks Possess expertise in directing the preparation, seasoning, and cooking of salads, soups, fish, meats, vegetables, desserts, or other foods. May plan and price menu items, order supplies, and keep records and accounts
- Extensive experience of XX years heading the overall responsibility for the kitchen’s daily operations; liaising with the relevant companies for food orders; creating new dishes and menus
- Skilled in maintaining/raising the food’s profit margins for employers; monitoring and controlling stock levels; ensuring correct stock rotation procedures are followed
- Adept in monitoring the implementation of health and safety procedures in the kitchen; estimating costs and ensuring all purchases come within budget; taking care of the kitchen’s accounts and creating a work roster
- Deft in planning and directing food preparation and culinary activities; modifying menus or creating new ones that meet quality standards
- Instrumental in estimating food requirements and food/labor costs; supervising kitchen staff’s activities; arranging for equipment purchases and repairs
- Excellent record of kitchen management; ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently; capable of delegating multiple tasks; possess excellent communication and leadership skills; keeping up with cooking trends and best practices
Hotel Management, Bachelor of Education, Completed, 2004-04-01
– Marks null,
Head Chef / Head Cook
- Determine production schedules and staff requirements necessary to ensure the timely delivery of services.
- Estimate amounts and costs of required supplies, such as food and ingredients.
- Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure conformance to established standards.
- Instruct cooks and other workers in the preparation, cooking, garnishing, and presentation of food.
- Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow standards and regulations.
- Order or requisition food and other supplies needed to ensure efficient operation.
- Recruit and hire staff, including cooks and other kitchen workers.
- Analyze recipes to assign prices to menu items, based on food, labor, and overhead costs.
- Arrange for equipment purchases and repairs
- Meet with customers to discuss menus for special occasions such as weddings, parties, and banquets
- Meet with sales representatives in order to negotiate prices and order supplies
- Prepare and cook foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions
- Supervise and coordinate activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation
- Collaborate with other personnel to plan and develop recipes and menus, taking into account such factors as seasonal availability of ingredients and the likely number of customers
- Check the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met
- Check the quantity and quality of received products; demonstrate new cooking techniques and equipment to staff
- Record production and operational data on specified forms
Outlet Head Chef / Executive Chef
St. Regis Hotels
- Checked the freshness of food and ingredients
- Supervised and coordinated activities of cooks and other food preparation workers
- Developed recipes and determined how to present the food
- Planned menus and ensure uniform serving sizes and quality of meals
- Inspected supplies, equipment, and work areas for cleanliness and functionality
- Hired, trained, and supervised cooks and other food preparation workers
- Ordered and maintained inventory of food and supplies
- Monitored sanitation practices and follow kitchen safety standards
- Culinary knowledge
- Attention to detail
- Cleanliness and Creativity
- Teamwork and Time management