- Skilled in conducting research to develop new procedures and methods with which to save time and resources; ensuring lab supplies are sufficiently stocked
- Adept in choosing and developing apt equipment and instrumentation for laboratory; ensuring to maintain equipment perfectly; maintaining clean work floor and dispose waste appropriately.
- Deft in conducting regular physical testing of test specimens; maintaining and updating laboratory notebooks to ensure conformance to test procedures and specifications
- Knowledge of basic principles, practices, and procedures of laboratory testing; understanding of laboratory equipment, procedures, operation and terminology; knowledge of safe laboratory practices
- Ability to interpret subject matter, and specialized laboratory procedures of the particular laboratory concerned; capable to lead subordinate workers and maintain satisfactory working relationships