Truck Driver Resume Samples (Text format)
Truck Driver / Transporter
- Highly skilled truck driver with XX years of experience in operating and driving different kinds of trucks to transport goods and materials over long distances. Possesses a clean driving record. Instrumental in planning routes and meeting delivery schedules. Skilled in delivering materials to destinations, unloading materials, and completing paperwork. Seeking an opportunity in ADX Services to utilize my expertise and add value to your company.
- Instrumental in planning routes and meeting delivery schedules; documenting and logging work/rest periods and kilometers spent driving and retaining fuel/toll receipts; inputting “macros” into our automated system for each stage of the loading and unloading process
- Complying with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking, and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures; maneuvering trucks into loading or unloading positions; collecting and verifying delivery instructions
- Skilled in investigating safety loads to correct materials loaded on trailer; delivering material to destinations, unloading materials, and completing paperwork; deft in directing customer queries to location management
- Adept in operating and driving different kinds of trucks to transport goods and materials over long distances; planning trip logistics and obtaining necessary documents to transport goods; ensuring cargo is secured properly and compliant with safety requirements
Commerce, High School, Completed, 2016-08-01
State Board– Marks 70,
HTF Corp. Pvt Ltd.
- Practiced safe, and long-distance driving habits by following maps and directions for time-efficient routes.
- Followed all state and national large truck safety regulations and standards.
- Completed documentation for mileage and cargo; keep track of mileage, fuel, and toll expenses; confirm inventory matches shipping documents.
- Inspected truck daily for damage or maintenance problems (tire wear, dents, etc.).
- Supervised loading and unloading of cargo off truck; ensure cargo is secured; maneuver truck and cargo into a variety of parking spaces and loading docks.
- Managed routes and routines so they proceed in the most efficient way possible.
- Served as a brand advocate and ambassador in every interaction with clients and the public.
- Conducted daily inspections of the vehicle at the end of the shift and report any problems or damage to management; comply with all in-house regulations and rules.
- Delivered goods while operating a tractor-trailer truck, sometimes over intercity routes or spanning several states; loaded and unload cargo; record the amount and type of cargo being delivered.
- Took orders for new deliveries; drive long distances; fill up on fuel, cleaned trucks, and wash windows.
- Reported to a dispatcher any incidents encountered on the road.
- Kept their truck, and associated equipment, clean and in good working order.
- Reported serious mechanical problems to the appropriate personnel.
- Planned routes using maps or satellite tracking; get goods to clients on time.
- Transported hazardous materials and took special precautions while driving.
- Communicated with the dispatcher, other drivers, and customers using wireless devices and onboard computers.
- Safe driving
- Radio communication
- Mechanical repairs
- Tight maneuvering
- Data input
- Physical stamina
- Mechanical knowledge
- Map reading
- Attention to detail
- On-time delivery
- Safety Awareness
- Customer Service
- Time Management