Security Screener Resume Samples (Text format)
- Diligent and dedicated security screener with XX years of experience in screening passengers, personal items, and bags at security checkpoints, using x-ray machines, wands, and gloved pat-downs. Strong knowledge of rules and regulations for the transportation business.
- Skilled in instructing passengers on how to prepare for screening (for example, by removing shoes, emptying pockets, and removing certain items from bags to meet the requirements); informing passengers about how to mail prohibited items to themselves, or confiscate prohibited items
- Acting with courtesy and respect, even when dealing with irate passengers and other stressful situations; verifying credentials of individuals in restricted spaces, and working closely with security personnel to ensure that suspicious or potentially dangerous persons are never out of sight
- Adroit in exercising caution when handling suspicious bags and packages, calling for backup and following directions of the security team and law enforcement agents; monitoring passenger flow through screening checkpoints to ensure order and efficiency
- Knowledge of rules and regulations for transportation business; experience in taking sound judgment and quick decisions; ability to calm down an emergency situation by taking immediate measures; experience in maintaining accurate and organized records
Justice Administration, Master of Arts, Completed, 2017-08-01
CCS University– Marks 70,
- Inspected carry-on items, using x-ray viewing equipment, to determine whether items contain objects that warrant further investigation.
- Searched carry-on or checked baggage by hand when it is suspected to contain prohibited items such as weapons.
- Viewed images of checked bags and cargo, using remote screening equipment, and alerted baggage screeners or handlers to any possible problems.
- Checked passengers' tickets to ensure that they are valid, and to determine whether passengers have designations that require special handling, such as providing photo identification.
- Performed pat-down or hand-held wand searches of passengers who have triggered machine alarms, who are unable to pass through metal detectors, or who have been randomly identified for such searches.
- Notified supervisors or other appropriate personnel when security breaches occur.
- Contacted leads or supervisors to discuss objects of concern that are not on prohibited object lists.
- Confiscate dangerous items and hazardous materials found in opened bags and turn them over for disposal.
- Confiscated prohibited or dangerous items; inform the public about policies, services, or procedures.
- Monitored access or flow of people to prevent problems; confiscate prohibited or dangerous items.
- Communicated situation details to appropriate personnel; maintained surveillance of individuals or establishments; recorded information about suspicious objects.
- Requested emergency personnel; patrolled properties to maintain safety.
- Prevented unauthorized individuals from entering restricted areas
- Examined personal documentation to ensure that it is valid; block physical access to restricted areas.
- Great communication
- Superb physical fitness
- Cooperative worker
- Strong leadership
- Time efficient
- Logical judgment
- Decision making
- Customer Service
- Computer Literate