Transportation Manager Resume Samples (Text format)
Transportation Manager / Warehouse Manager / Fleet Manager
- Transportation manager with XX years of experience in providing quality transportation services. Deft in developing or implementing plans to improve transportation services control from regional to national or global load control center operations. Adept in leading all distribution and transportation planning and strategic activities.
- Highly Skilled in supervising air and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, transportation, reverse logistics, surface transportation, and supply chain solutions; establishing quality transportation services; planning and implementing budgets
- Utilizing services of less-than-truckload carriers and air forwarders to handle fulfillment shipments. Supervise scheduling of shipments; manage performance of branch employees with emphasis on productivity, efficiency, and service delivery
- Adept in leading all distribution and transportation planning and strategic activities; assisting in the identification and implementation of continuous improvement opportunities and customer satisfaction opportunities
- Deft in developing or implementing plans to improve transportation services control from regional to national or global load control center operations; evaluating transportation vehicles or auxiliary equipment for purchase by considering factors such as fuel economy or aerodynamics
- Skilled in developing transportation relationships; monitoring transport costs; negotiating and bargaining transportation prices; confronting climate change issues by implementing transport strategies and monitoring an organization’s carbon footprint
Arts, Master of Arts, Completed, 2016-08-01
Tripura University– Marks 70,
Tripura , TR
- Direct activities related to dispatching, routing or tracking transportation vehicles, such as aircraft or railroad cars.
- Monitored operations to ensure that staff members comply with administrative policies and procedures, safety rules, union contracts, environmental policies, or government regulations.
- Implement schedule or policy changes for transportation services.
- Monitored spending to ensure that expenses are consistent with approved budgets.
- Promoted safe work activities by conducting safety audits, attending company safety meetings, or meeting with individual staff members.
- Prepared management recommendations, such as proposed fee and tariff increases or schedule changes.
- Conducted investigations in cooperation with government agencies to determine the causes of transportation accidents.
- Plan or implement energy-saving changes to transportation services, such as reducing routes, optimizing capacities, employing alternate modes of transportation, or minimizing idling.
ABCD Corp. Pvt Ltd.
- Planned and supervised the shipments from production to the end user.
- Schedule daily and weekly routes; kept organized records of vehicles, schedules, and completed orders; track orders using functional systems (e.g. barcodes and tracking software).
- Coordinated with Warehouse Workers to ensure proper storage and distribution of products.
- Monitored and reported on transportation costs; ensured shipping documents are properly filed.
- Reports maintenance and repair needs for transportation vehicles and equipment.
- Researched and suggested cost-effective shipping methods.
- Conducted regular safety audits on equipment; stay up-to-date with safety regulations.
- Organized training sessions for employees (e.g. proper use of machines and handling of hazardous material); ensured compliance with company policies and shipping legislation.
- Inventory control
- Logistics oversight
- Supply chain management
- Vendor coordination
- Safety inspections
- Team development
- Performance improvements
- Analytical problem solver
- Proactive and resourceful
- Communication skills
- Organization skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Customer service skills