Railroad Resume Samples (Text format)
- Extensive experience of XX years in replacing, removing, and repairing tracks as well as related components; aligning and sliding track tie plates and cut rails to specified lengths; handling drilling activities for insertion of bolts or joints
- Skilled in aligning and gauging deviations in track surfaces in order to ensure train safety; installing, repairing, and replacing signs on railroad crossings; performing lubrication activities on joints, angle bars, and switches
- Adept in performing authorized repairs and documenting outcomes of all repair activities; laying and fixing foundations for tracks and replacing worn-out or rough rail ends; operating picks, shovels, bulldozers, and spike-driving machines to perform maintenance and repair work on rails
- An experiment in ensuring that all railroad employees conform to the rules and regulations of safety; carry out installation and maintenance of switch lamps; prepare cost reduction reports for purchasing repair and maintenance materials
Civil Engineering, Bachelor of Engineering / Bachelor of Technology, Completed, 2017-07-01
CCS University– Marks 70,
SF Pvt Ltd.
- Inspected railroad bridges, arches, and culverts. Analyzed conditions of various types of structures and record them in inspection books.
- Operated picks, shovels, bulldozers, and spike-driving machines to perform maintenance and repair work on rails.
- Installed, repaired, and replaced signs on railroad crossings.
- Did lubrication activities on joints, angle bars, and switches
- Provided direction and effective supervision to all direct reports to ensure and promote safe and efficient work habits.
- Ensured that all railroad employees conform to the rules and regulations of safety.
- Prepared cost reduction reports for purchasing repair and maintenance materials.
- Fixed foundations for tracks and replaced worn-out or rough rail ends.
- Ensure the working reliability and performance of equipment.
- Oversaw and coordinated the activities of workers in the rail yard; ensured that trains are carrying the correct material before leaving the yard
- Reviewed schedules, switching orders, and shipping records of freight trains.
- Switched train traffic to a certain section of the line to allow other inbound and outbound trains to get around; planned alternative routes.
- Aligned and slid track tie plates and cut rails to specified lengths.
- Delegated work and provided directions; remained informed about cargo content.
- Alert conductors about when to change speed; added or removed railcars.
- Staff development/training
- Vendor relations
- Inventory control
- Monthly financials/budgets
- Warehouse operations
- Problem resolution
- Strategic planning
- Team leadership
- Analytical Skills
- Communication Skills
- Time Management