Special Education Resume Samples (Text format)
Special Education Professional
- Well-qualified Special Education Teacher with XX years of experience in developing individual learning plans for students based on their strengths and disabilities. Skilled in fostering a positive classroom environment that will allow student learning, expression, and safety. Adept in evaluating student performance and communicating with other school staff regarding areas of need. Fostering a positive classroom environment that will allow student learning, expression, and safety; setting-up high expectations for student performance; integrating school curriculum with individual learning plan; soliciting assistance from parents to reinforce study habits and minimize classroom disruptions
- Adept in constructing and administering appropriate assessments of learning; evaluating student performance and communicating with other schools staff regarding areas of need; collaborating with classroom teachers to facilitate the performance of special ed. students who are mainstreamed
- Deft in conferring with general education teachers regarding the educational, social, emotional, and physical needs and objectives of each student; planning, developing, and implementing individualized learning plans for each student; designing appropriate teaching strategies
- Skilled in developing and implementing necessary interventions and strategies to promote the achievement of student objectives; ensuring adherence to reasonable rules of classroom discipline and order to maintain a secure and effective learning environment
Management & Arts, Master of Arts, Completed, 2002-04-01
Galgotia Educational Institutions
CCS University– Marks 70,
Special Educator & Counselor
Linguaphile Skills Hub
- Provided research-based specialized instruction to address the instructional goals and objectives contained within each student’s IEP.
- Assessed student progress and determines the need for additional reinforcement or adjustments to instructional techniques.
- Coordinated the delivery of special education services in each student's IEP.
- Employed various teaching techniques, methods, and principles of learning to enable students to meet their IEP goals.
- Scheduled team meetings and works cooperatively with child study team members and others in developing instructional goals and strategies.
- Conducted special education evaluations and re-evaluations; complete all district and state reporting requirements.
- Provided direction, supervision, and evaluation of educational assistants as directed.
- Complied with School Board policies and all state/federal rules and regulations.
- Assessed students’ skills to determine their needs and develop teaching plans.
- Adapted lessons to meet the needs of students.
- Developed Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) for each student.
- Planned, organized, and assigned activities that are specific to each student’s abilities.
- Taught and mentored students as a class, in small groups, and one-on-one.
- Implemented IEPs, assess students’ performance, and track their progress.
- Updated IEPs throughout the school year to reflect students’ progress and goals.
- Discussed student progress with parents, teachers, counselors, and administrators.
- Supervised and mentored teacher assistants who work with students with disabilities.
- Prepared and helped students transition from grade to grade and after graduation.
- Behavioral assessments
- IEP compliance
- Parent relations
- Compassionate nature
- Continuous professional development
- Scheduling proficiency
- Fast learner
- Functional and Life Skills Curriculum
- Working with autistic children
- Physical and mental disabilities
- Speech and hearing impairments.
- Organization Skill
- Communication Skill
- Interpersonal Skills
- Leadership Skill