Librarian Resume Samples (Text format)
- Self-driven and motivated librarian with XX years of experience in selecting, developing, cataloging, and classifying library resources. Highly skilled in organizing library materials so they are easy to find, and maintaining collections. Adept in selecting, developing, cataloging, and classifying library resources; answering readers' inquiries; using library systems and specialist computer applications; management of staff, including recruitment, training, and/or supervisory duties; liaising with departmental academic staff, external organisations, and suppliers
- Skilled in developing, implementing, and maintaining library strategies and policies that help to support the achievement of the educational aims and objectives; providing a range of library services that meet the learning, information, leisure, and cultural needs of pupils and providing teaching staff with appropriate curriculum support materials
- Deft in maintaining a high level of resource awareness in relation to relevant courses and subject areas support teaching staff in the effective delivery of the curriculum; engaging in continuing personal professional development; attending and participating in relevant training and staff development programmes and courses
Library Science , Master of Science, Completed, 2002-02-01
Acharya N.G. Ranga Agricultural University
– Marks 70,
Oxbridge International School
- Perform routine maintenance of library equipment including computers, audio-visual devices, printers, and photocopiers.
- Performed patron registration and transaction activities.
- Process new books, maintain circulation records, and make reserves on requested books.
- Manage library data and reports utilizing library software systems.
- Assist staff in collecting, cataloging, preparing, and organizing library materials according to established policies.
- Conduct library promotional activities and prepare press releases and newsletters to attract more readers.
- Organize book talks, tours, multimedia programs, exhibits, and displays.
- Edit the bibliographic to add or remove items according to current library stock.
- Manage library inventory, perform stock checks, and prepare item lists for removal, relocation, and binding.
- Manage serial collection and acquisition of new library materials.
Shri Vile Parle Kelavani Mandal (SVKM)
- Searched standard reference materials, including online sources and the Internet, in order to answer patrons' reference questions.
- Supervised budgeting, planning, and personnel activities.
- Explained the use of library facilities, resources, equipment, and services, and provide information about library policies.
- Reviewed and evaluated resource material, such as book reviews and catalogs, in order to select and order print, audiovisual, and electronic resources.
- Coded, classified, and cataloged books, publications, films, audiovisual aids, and other library materials based on the subject matter or standard library classification systems.
- Directed and trained library staff in duties such as receiving, shelving, researching, cataloging, and equipment use.
- Conferred with teachers, parents, and community organizations to develop, plan, and conduct programs in reading, viewing, and communication skills.
- Grant Writing
- Communication Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Time Management