Telecommunications Engineer Resume Samples (Text format)
- Telecommunication Engineer with XX years of experience in telecommunications systems and equipment. Strong knowledge of Voice-over-Internet Protocol and Analog Systems. Skilled in supporting telecommunications servers, hardware, and software applications. Instrumental in developing, maintaining, or implementing telecommunications disaster recovery plans to ensure business continuity.
- Comprehensive knowledge of telecommunications systems and equipment; sound knowledge of Voice-over-Internet Protocol and Analog Systems; solid ability to effectively interact with clients and end-users
- Keep abreast of changes in industry practices and emerging telecommunications technology by reviewing current literature, talking with colleagues, participating in educational programs, attending meetings or workshops, etc.
- Instrumental in developing, maintaining, or implementing the telecommunications disaster recovery plans to ensure business continuity
- Familiarity with system maintenance procedures; outstanding organizational and analytical skills; excellent communications abilities
Telecommunication, Bachelor of Engineering / Bachelor of Technology, Completed, 2002-06-01
UPTU University– Marks 70, Division I
- Test and evaluate hardware and software to determine efficiency, reliability, or compatibility with existing systems.
- Prepare purchase requisitions for computer hardware and software, networking and telecommunications equipment, test equipment, cabling, or tools.
- Use computer-aided design (CAD) software to prepare or evaluate network diagrams, floor plans, or site configurations for existing facilities, renovations, or new systems.
- Manage user access to systems and equipment through account management and password administration.
- Order or maintain inventory of telecommunications equipment, including telephone sets, headsets, cellular phones, switches, trunks, printed circuit boards, network routers, and cabling
Mackenzie Mordern Solutions Private Limited
- Communicate with telecommunications vendors to obtain pricing and technical specifications for available hardware, software, or services.
- Provide user support by diagnosing network and device problems and implementing technical or procedural solutions.
- Monitor and analyze system performance, such as network traffic, security, and capacity.
- Instruct in the use of voice and data communications systems, such as voicemail and videoconferencing systems.
- Consult with users, administrators, and engineers to identify business and technical requirements for proposed system modifications or technology purchases.
- Assess existing facilities' needs for new or modified telecommunications systems.
- Install, or coordinate the installation of, new or modified hardware, software, or programming modules of telecommunications systems.
- Document user support activity, such as system problems, corrective actions, resolution status, and completed equipment installations.
- Knowledge of telecommunications systems
- Routing protocol expertise
- DNS implementation
- Security architecture
- Firewall Management Tools
- Networking Protocol Expertise
- IP address structure
- Network security Systems
- Troubleshooting Skills
- Problem-solving Skills
- Communication Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Analytical Skills