Marine Engineer Resume Samples (Text format)
- Highly professional marine engineer with XX years of experience in boat repair and shipbuilding. Physically fit and have welding experience in often-harsh outdoor environments. Possess scuba diving qualifications and is comfortable communicating within all levels of an organization. Looking forward to working in a first-class international vessel where I can showcase my skills in shipyard operations.Adept in establishing arrangement of boiler room equipment and propulsion machinery; operating or supervising the operation of marine machinery on ships; selecting materials and writing specifications for suppliers and construction workers; designing cargo space, passenger compartments, and ladder wells; remodeling vessels
- Deft in handling records and machinery status logs on vital plant equipment and ensuring spare parts inventory; operating, maintaining, and overseeing machinery, engineering equipment, and vessel systems; ensuring safe and efficient operations of marine engineering functions
- Skilled in preparing layouts, technical drawings, and schematics of ship systems; inspecting and evaluating marine machinery and equipment; testing marine machinery and equipment in the areas of performance, operation, and environmental impact; ensuring that all machinery tests are in compliance with regulations
Marine Engineering, Master of Engineering / Master of Technology, Completed, 2001-02-01
HF College of Marine Studies
Mumbai University– Marks 70, Division I
TA Shipping Pvt Ltd
- Efficiently maintained a vessel diesel engine and increased efficiency by 5%.
- Designed 3D solid work and AutoCAD diagrams for propulsion and HVAC systems.
- Diligently served as shipboard manager and oversee all the maintenance and operations work.
- Responsibly inspected a wide range of marine installations.
- Provided training to 15 new recruiters on maintenance, design, and production.
- Communicated face-to-face with the client and developed skills as an on-site consulting engineer.
- Repaired a number of pleasure crafts built with a variety of materials.
Assistant Marine Engineer
DS Shipping Services
- Conducted visual inspections of craft whilst they were still in the water, using my scuba diving skills.
- Acquired expertise in computer-aided design programs to provide various possibilities.
- Carried out safety and regulatory checks on board.
- Worked diligently on a 4-month vessel production project from the design to the finishing
- Acquired extensive experience in the marine environment and offshore engineering.
- Completes more than 5000 nautical miles annually on board.
- Prepared reports on daily fuel and water usage on board.
- Propulsion systems repair and maintenance
- Mechanical systems design
- Control systems knowledge
- Preventive maintenance
- Physica and maths knowledge
- Engineering science and technology knowledge
- Design skills (AutoCAD)
- Attention to detail
- Reasoning skills
- Works well under pressure
- Team player
- Time management
- Problem-solving skills
- Hands-on approach