Roads Resume Samples (Text format)
Road Construction Professional
- Highly meticulous and adaptable railroad worker with XX years of experience in replacing, removing, and repairing tracks as well as related components. Skilled in aligning and gauging deviations in track surfaces in order to ensure train safety. Adept in performing authorized repairs and documenting outcomes of all repair activities.Adept in preparing design drawings using AutoCAD or similar type software; interpreting survey results into technical drawings; promoting and improving professional standards for road engineering design
- Comprehensive knowledge of methods and techniques of road engineering; extensive knowledge of civil engineering concepts; in-depth knowledge of materials for constructing highways and main roads
- Skilled in planning and generating drawings for various roads; familiar with AutoCAD and other drawing software; possess strong mathematical, analytical, and problem-solving skills
Electrical Engineering, Bachelor of Education, Completed, 2003-06-01
Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
– Marks null,
Alstom Projects India
- Inspected railroad bridges, arches, and culverts. Analyzed conditions of various types of structures and record them in inspection books.
- Operated picks, shovels, bulldozers, and spike-driving machines to perform maintenance and repair work on rails.
- Installed, repaired, and replaced signs on railroad crossings.
- Did lubrication activities on joints, angle bars, and switches
- Provided direction and effective supervision to all direct reports to ensure and promote safe and efficient work habits.
- Ensured that all railroad employees conform to the rules and regulations of safety.
- Prepared cost reduction reports for purchasing repair and maintenance materials.
- Fixed foundations for tracks and replaced worn-out or rough rail ends.
- Ensure the working reliability and performance of equipment.
Flagger (RWIC) Railroad
Jacobs Engineering Group
- Oversaw and coordinated the activities of workers in the rail yard; ensured that trains are carrying the correct material before leaving the yard
- Reviewed schedules, switching orders, and shipping records of freight trains.
- Switched train traffic to a certain section of the line to allow other inbound and outbound trains to get around; planned alternative routes.
- Aligned and slid track tie plates and cut rails to specified lengths.
- Delegated work and provided directions; remained informed about cargo content.
- Alert conductors about when to change speed; added or removed railcars.
- Staff development/training
- Vendor relations
- Inventory control
- Monthly financials/budgets
- Warehouse operations
- Problem resolution
- Strategic planning
- Team leadership
- Analytical Skills
- Communication Skills
- Time Management