Automotive and Body Resume Samples (Text format)
Automotive and Body Repairer / Automotive Body Technician
- Professional Automotive and Body Repairer with XX years of experience in reviewing damage reports, preparing cost estimates, and removing damaged body parts, including bumpers, fenders, hoods, grilles, and trim. Adept in operating soldering equipment or using plastic filler to fill holes, dents, and seams. Skilled in repairing and replacing front-end components, body components, doors, and frame and underbody components.
- Extensive experience realigning car frames and chassis to repair structural damage
- Skilled in reviewing damage reports and estimates of repair cost and plan work to be performed; repairing and replacing front-end components, body components, doors, and frame and underbody components; hammering out dents, buckles, and other defects using blocks and hammers
- Adept in operating soldering equipment or using plastic filler to fill holes, dents, and seams; removing damaged fenders, panels, and grills using wrenches and cutting torch and bolt or weld replacement parts into place; straightening bent frames using frame and underbody pulling and anchoring equipment
- Deft in applying primers and repainting surfaces using a brush or spray guns; repairing and replacing glass components such as windshields, windows, and sunroofs; repairing or replacing interior components, such as seat frame assembly, carpets, and floorboard insulation; inspecting repaired vehicles and test drive vehicles for proper handling
BA, Bachelor of Arts, Completed, 2004-04-01
Lalit Narayan Mithila University
– Marks null,
Automotive and Body Repairer
CHESS LABOUR HIRE PTY LTD
- Removed damaged sections of vehicles using metal-cutting guns, air grinders, and wrenches, and install replacement parts using wrenches or welding equipment.
- Cut and taped plastic separating film to the outside repair areas in order to avoid damaging surrounding surfaces during the repair procedure, and remove tape and wash surfaces after repairs are complete.
- Inspected repaired vehicles for dimensional accuracy and test drive them to ensure proper alignment and handling.
- Chained or clamped frames and sections to alignment machines that use hydraulic pressure to align damaged components.
- Cleaned work areas, using air hoses, in order to remove damaged material and discarded fiberglass strips used in repair procedures.
- Fit and weld replacement parts into place, using wrenches and welding equipment, and grind down welds to smooth them, using power grinders and other tools.
- Review damage reports, prepare or review repair cost estimates, and plan work to be performed.
Automotive and Body Repairer / Automotive Denter
The Kothari Wheels (Authorized Maruti Suzuki Dealership)
- Applied heat to plastic panels, using hot-air welding guns or immersion in hot water, and press the softened panels back into shape by hand.
- Soaked fiberglass matting in resin mixtures, and apply layers of matting over repair areas to specified thicknesses.
- Fitted and secured windows, vinyl roofs, and metal trim to vehicle bodies using caulking guns, adhesive brushes, and mallets.
- Measured and marked vinyl material and cut material to size for roof installation, using rules, straightedges, and hand shears.
- Red specifications or confer with customers in order to determine the desired custom modifications for altering the appearance of vehicles.
- Engine troubleshooting
- Electrical system diagnosis
- Safety measures
- Cooling system maintenance
- Oil change
- Starting system schematics
- Transmission installation
- Braking system repair
- Safety & tools
- Lifting and moving heavy objects and machinery
- Fiberglass, steel, aluminum, and many other materials
- Communication Skills
- Time Management