Cloud Engineer - OpenStack Resume Samples (Text format)
Proficient Cloud Engineer – OpenStack
- Highly motivated OpenStack Engineer with XX years of experience in planning and deploying OpenStack cloud solutions. Adept in implementing new OpenStack-related functionality, creating and contributing patches to the OpenStack development tree. Highly skilled in OpenStack cloud solutions. Deft in conducting on-site deployments and providing OpenStack-related training and guidance both internally and to customers & partners.
- Detailed technical understanding of the OpenStack project ecosystem and open-source hypervisor technologies; gained significant experience in assisting customers that are running into problems using OpenStack
- Demonstrated experience supporting large-scale, elastic, highly-available cloud environment orchestration on one or more of OpenStack, etc.
- Deft in conducting on-site deployments and providing OpenStack-related training and guidance both internally and to customers & partners
Computer Science , Bachelor of Education, Completed, 2003-02-01
– Marks 70, Division I
Senior Cloud Engineer
- Managed OpenStack infrastructure upgrades, expansion, scaling, troubleshooting, and debugging for clients in the most challenging, complex environments.
- Improved the operability and supportability of OpenStack at various layers, locating & report bugs upstream.
- Maintained the most up-to-date OpenStack knowledge and certifications to deliver the highest service and support as the industry standard-bearer.
- Manage business relationships with key stakeholders (product, business, and IT), understand their business problems, and appetite for business risk, and guide them on IT strategy and direction.
- Developed user-focused solutions spanning multiple IT Infrastructure technologies.
- Developed products using Openstack framework modules (Neutron, Nova, Cinder, and Keystone).
- Infrastructure automation and made deployment quick and easy with the help of Ansible.
- Used ELK Stackv to Implement cluster monitoring via beats, and kibana.
Azure Cloud Engineer
- Assisted customers that are running into problems using OpenStack.
- Conducted lab testing to validate OpenStack features and gain feasibility and performance insights.
- Provide expertise, input, and troubleshooting support at the most senior level of technical escalation for IT infrastructure engineering and on-call operational teams.
- Built, tested, and deployed ## scalable, highly available OpenStack Private Cloud environments per week on both Customer Premises and Rackspace Cloud environments.
- Closely engage with the OpenStack community for building a high-performance carrier-grade cloud.
- Created and maintained new CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins.
- Provided new tools or utilities that will aid in cluster administration using Linux features like SED, AWK, etc.
- Used log stash to implement data processing pipeline.
- Linux platforms
- OpenStack Networking (Neutron)
- OpenStack Compute (Nova)
- OpenStack Cinder (Block Storage)
- OpenStack Keystone (Authentication)
- Glance/ Swift
- IPv6 / LVM
- Docker/ Jenkins
- Shell scripting
- Ability to Work independently
- Critical thinking
- Decision making