Delhi - 212652, Delhi
- Extensive experience of XX years in arbitrating, advising, adjudicating, or administering justice in a court of law; sentencing defendant in criminal cases according to government statutes
- Adept in determining liability of defendant in civil cases. Issuing marriage licenses and performing wedding ceremonies; ruling on admissibility of evidence and methods of conducting testimony
- Presiding over hearings and listen to allegations made by plaintiffs to determine whether the evidence supports the charges. Reading documents on pleadings and motions to ascertain facts and issues
- Deft in interpreting and enforcing rules of procedure or establish new rules in situations where there are no procedures already established by law
- Skilled in monitoring proceedings to ensure that all applicable rules and procedures are followed. Advising attorneys, juries, litigants, and court personnel regarding conduct, issues, and proceedings
- Adroit in ensuring the effective and efficient conduct of the court, including arraignments, jury empanelling; taking of verdicts in criminal trials, listing matters, custody of court files and recording orders
Completed, May 2004
Key Result Areas:
- Decide whether the accused will be detained until trial; decide the terms under which the accused may be released; issue warrants, if necessary, for police to seize property; and
- Preside over the preliminary hearing, which allows the Judge to determine if there is enough evidence to warrant a trial
- Ensure the trial proceeds as required; ensure witnesses if clarification is required; and handle objections raised by lawyers; hear the evidence
- Listen to the testimony of the different parties and their witnesses;
- Assess the attitude and body language of the parties and witnesses, determines the truthfulness and credibility of their statements, etc.
- Read all documents and considers the relevance and admissibility of the evidence, which can include testimonies, photos, reports from experts (doctors, accountants, etc.) or plans
- Any existing systems/ processes streamlined???? Results obtained????
- Major assignments handled????
- Any unique initiative taken to improve customer satisfaction level?
- Any major accounts/clients handled???
- Awards/appreciation letters received????
- Other relevant achievements????
Key Result Areas:
- Read through legal documents to make determinations about pre-trial issues, motions and final rulings
- Assisted with monitoring jury selection, along with instructing the jury and managing them during a trial; listened to arguments from plaintiffs and defendants to determine the facts of a case and come to a ruling
- Asked questions of witnesses and legal counsel to make the right decisions regarding issues that may occur during a trial or hearing
- Met with legal counsel to discuss and decide upon objections, pretrial motions, evidence and discovery issues; wrote opinions and conducted legal research as needed to reach determinations or create written documents
- Determined proper sentencing, monetary fees and damages to be paid upon the completion of a case and hand down the ruling in the courtroom to the responsible party
- Monitored court proceedings to ensure all legal procedures are handled according to the law and make decisions regarding gray area issues, such as the use of cameras in the courtroom
- Any existing systems/ processes streamlined???? Results obtained???? Major assignments handled????
- Any unique initiative taken to improve customer satisfaction level? Any major accounts/clients handled???
- Awards/appreciation letters received???? Other relevant achievements????
- MS Office – Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Internet Applications
- Birthday:October 01, 1981