Freight Forwarding Resume Samples (Text format)
Motivated and enthusiastic freight forwarding coordinator with XX years of experience in air transport for urgent and high-value freight. Adept in arranging appropriate packing, taking into account the climate, terrain, weight, cost, and nature of goods and also the delivery and warehousing of goods at their final destination. Possesses strong networking and customer relationship management skills and is looking forward to showcasing my skills at your company.Deft in arranging appropriate packing, taking into account the climate, terrain, weight, cost, and nature of goods and also the delivery and warehousing of goods at their final destination; arranging insurance and assisting the client in the event of a claim
- Adept in obtaining, checking, and preparing documentation to meet customs and insurance requirements, packing specifications, and compliance with other countries' regulations and fiscal regimes; arranging payment of freight and other charges or collection of payment on behalf of the client
- Involved in offering consolidation services by air, sea, and road, ensuring cost-effective and secure solutions to small shippers who have insufficient cargo to require their dedicated units; utilizing e-commerce, internet technology, and satellite systems to enable real-time tracking of goods
- Skilled in arranging air transport for urgent and high-value freight and managing the risk door-to-door; acting as a broker in customs negotiations worldwide to guide the freight efficiently through complex procedures; arranging courier and specialist hand-carry services
- Professional skills to coordinate functions and lead team members; strong negotiating power and management capabilities; effective networking and customer relationship management skills; business policy and strategic handling of matters; expertise in shipping and logistics management services
Economics and Business Administration, Bachelor of Business Administration, Completed, 2014-08-01
Delhi University– Marks 70,
SM/AM - Logistics
- Provided accurate and timely reporting of information to customers including sending quotations, pricing, costing, shipping details, and supply chain-related documentation.
- Worked with the Operations team and suppliers to ensure customers’ expectations are met and exceeded.
- Took a lead operational role for different clients; arranged shipments for new or one-off clients.
- Used freight forwarding IT systems to process job files, manage customers’ shipments and ensure margin objectives per activity are met; ensure compliance with all policies, procedures, and standard operating practices.
- Built and maintained effective relationships with customers, suppliers, and team members.
- Arranged for picking up of goods and materials from the client's location.
- Counted, and labeled boxes to be shipped and entered details into the computer system.
- Perform minor repairs on the hand-held scanner, forklift, and other equipment.
Sundaraanesh Freights Pvt.
- Carried out troubleshooting and finding solutions; produced rates and processed bookings on to computer system.
- Co-operated with other teams to ensure cost/revenue are processed accurately and on time.
- Established effective communications with clients and overseas offices.
- Created new files for shipments prior to arrival; participated in periodic operational reviews with the client.
- Noted down customer entries and invoices; liaised with Shipping lines.
- Updating custom entries; ensuring strong communications with clients.
- Executed multi-modal freight management services (sea/air/road) for imports and exports.
- Maximized revenue, contain cost; maintained internal service level.
- Service Orientation
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Operation Monitoring
- Production and Processing
- Updating logs
- Service Planning
- Routing Orders
- Monitoring Skills
- Decision-Making Skills
- Monitoring Skills
- Active Learning Skills
- Complex Problem-Solving Skills
- Time Management Skills
- Customer and Personal Service
- Coordination Skills