Customs Brokerage Resume Samples (Text format)
- Customer Broker with XX years of experience in international transportation and freight forwarding in ocean and air. Skilled in reviewing and monitoring all customs rejections, requests for information for clients and any other government agency, and other correspondence. Possesses thorough knowledge of Customs procedures and regulations.
- Skilled in performing audit reviews on all assigned brokerage files and payments to customs; maintaining and keeping current all customs compliance documentation; receiving, reviewing, and processing high-volume or complex import transactions for an assigned base of accounts
- Deft in reviewing and monitoring all customs rejections, requests for information for clients and any other government agency, and other correspondence; adhering to all domestic and international shipping regulations
- Providing excellent and timely customer service, identifying transactions and tasks that require special handling, recommending improved processes to management, and implementing resolutions; providing information on market changes, customs regulations, and industry-related topics
- Huge experience in a customs-entry environment; strong experience in International transportation and freight forwarding in ocean and air; thorough knowledge of Customs procedures and regulations; familiarity with government agencies, import accounts receivable, brokerage, etc.
Logistics and Transportation, Master of Business Administration, Completed, 2016-08-01
RD Business School
Port Blair University– Marks 70,
- Monitored all processes and ensure compliance with all Federal regulations and customs duties.
- Performed audits on transactions and ensured compliance with all customs brokerage transactions.
- Administered all personnel, ensured appropriate training to all employees, and maintain knowledge of all regulatory changes.
- Provided customers with THC costs/storage costs and on-carriage costs.
- Released freights to forwarding companies as well as our private customers.
- Managed all the documentation and customs clearance processes.
- Maintained accurate payment records and authorized shipments to both internal and external customers.
- Ensured timely and accurate delivery of vehicles RoRo-units and breakbulk to our clients
- Provided leadership, guidance, training, compensation management, and performance feedback for direct reports; ensured all aspects of Compliance are maintained in the office.
- Collaborated and maintained regular contact with other pertinent port operating companies.
- Ensured compliance with all applicable government regulations while performing customs activities within the branch.
- Identified and gathered required commercial data, documents, and rulings.
- Determined and verified harmonized tariff classifications and valuation using reasonable care.
- Organized and prepared data, documents, and rulings for timely entry.
- Maintained customer bond and power of attorney records.
- Managed branch operations within the budget established.
- Managed customs brokerage operations and handled Customs compliance issues.
- Maintained established service performance levels.
- Acted as the lead facilitator for customer issue resolution related to service performance issues.
- Import management
- Document preparation
- Reporting abilities
- Clearance Monitoring
- Documentation skills
- PPE Compliance
- Maintenance and Repair
- Revenue Gain
- Corporate Regulatory Documents
- Sevice Delivery
- Cost Reduction
- Customer support Skills
- Cultural Awareness Skills
- Organization Skill
- Time Management Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Communication Skills