Courier, Messenger Resume Samples (Text format)
Courier / Messenger
- Accurate and self-driven courier/ messenger with XX years of experience performing delivery tasks and picking up customer material in a polite, resourceful, and professional manner. Proficient in determining destinations by referring to addresses on packages and documents. Proven record of collecting actual payments and signatures from customers. Ability to work with flexible schedules as well as in variable weather conditions.
- Skilled in maintaining route supply inventory to ensure prompt delivery of products to customers; providing basic customer service by giving required information; maintaining delivery records; asking for feedback on provided services and resolving clients’ complaints
- Track record of verifying delivery information, for instance, names, addresses, and contact numbers; competent at planning and following the most resourceful routes for delivery; ability to deliver packages on a timely basis as per the company’s policies
- Proficient in determining destinations by referring to addresses on packages and documents; proven record of collecting essential payments and signatures from customers; ability to record package delivery information, for example, time of delivery and recipient’s name
- Profound ability to communicate verbally with customers in a professional manner; able to complete paperwork and maintain records accurately and completely; recognized for ensuring the highest degree of security of shipment
- Ability to work with flexible schedules as well as in variable weather conditions; strong customer and interpersonal skills along with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the organization or with customers and clients in a professional and cordial manner
Logistics Management, Master of Science, Completed, 2016-08-01
CCS University– Marks 70,
Courier / Messenger
FG Courier Services Pvt Ltd
- Determined destinations by referring to addresses on packages and documents.
- Ensured that packages or messages were delivered in a time-efficient manner.
- Understood privacy rules and did not tamper with packages or documents.
- Confirmed deliveries by checking into the office after each delivery.
- Opened and sorted incoming mail and deliver it to appropriate recipients within the office.
- Collected and sealed outgoing mail and ensure that proper stamps are used.
- Loaded and unloaded goods from trucks and delivery vans.
- Planned efficient routes prior to setting out on a delivery mission.
- Delivered messages and items, such as newspapers, documents, and packages, between establishment departments, and to other establishments and private homes.
- Planned and followed the most efficient routes for delivering goods.
- Sorted items to be delivered according to the delivery route.
- Recorded information, such as items received and delivered and recipients' responses to messages.
- Checked with home offices after completed deliveries, in order to confirm deliveries and collections and to receive instructions for further deliveries.
- Verbally informed people about delivery via call.
- Performed general office or clerical work such as filing materials, operating duplicating machines, or running errands.
- Collected, sealed, and stamped outgoing mail, using postage meters and envelope sealers.
Courier / Messenger
ES Courier Services Pvt Ltd
- Sorted deliverable items in accordance with the delivery route in order to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Derived delivery truck to the destination; ensured that the delivery is done on time
- Loaded vehicles with listed goods, ensuring goods were loaded correctly and taking precautions with hazardous goods.
- Unloaded goods from large trucks, and loaded them onto smaller delivery vehicles.
- Ensured the highest degree of security of shipment; took the recipient’s signature on the receipt and compared it with the original signature on the identification card.
- Maintained communication with destination and point of departure through radio or cell phone.
- Maintained records of daily visits in the log book.
- Plant Operations
- P&L Comprehension
- Shipment Processing
- Hand Truck Operation
- Materials Inspections
- Staff Development and Team building
- Communication Skills
- Critical Thinking
- Good Team Player
- Organisational Skills
- Time Management