Dress Maker - Modiste
- Highly experienced in creating new patterns, and sewing garments following detailed instructions; extensive comprehension of current trends and styles
- Solutions-focused innovator known for pioneering new dress designs. Skillfully assemble and join garment parts using needles and threads, along with threading and sewing machines.
- Extensive experience of XX years in made-to-measure garments, such as suits and coats according to customers' and clothing manufacturers' specifications and fit; design patterns to fit measurements; marking, cutting, and sewing fabric; and altering & repairing garments
- Keeping up-to-date with emerging fashion trends as well as general trends relating to fabrics, colors, and shapes; discussing the client’s requirements; showing the client fabric samples and pattern books; giving advice on which combination of fabrics and patterns may give the best results
- Adapting an existing pattern, or producing a new pattern for the client; working out the cost of the work (taking into account the fabric, trimmings, and time needed); using the pattern to cut out the fabric pieces; tacking the fabric pieces together for a fitting
- Competent in adjusting in or out seams in a variety of garments to improve their fits; Proficient in altering, repairing, and making made-to-measure garments, as per specified instructions; substantial experience in altering clothes and operating sewing machine