- Extensive experience of XX years inundertaking investigative surveys of water quality and the health, spawning and movement of fish; policing waterways to check for unlawful fishing; liaising with the planning departments of local authorities about the location of new buildings, etc.
- Knowledge of the marine environment and environmental issues; understanding of laws and regulations relating to catching fish and shellfish; good data collection and report writing skills; gathering, recording and analysinginformation relating to the fishing industry
- Adept in catching, measuring, examining and releasing fish and assessing their health; preparing evidence and statements for prosecution cases; making improvements to habitats through work on streams and river banks
- Highly-experienced in delivering fishery-related observations and monitoring services; knowledge of various fishery species and government regulations related to fisheries; immense knowledge of biological sampling, environmental monitoring and commercial fisheries practices
- Familiarity with firefighting, sea survival, and first aid treatment procedures; ability to fish related species identification books and keys, efficiently; ability to operate computer and sampling instruments, in a proper manner